We've moved our blog here! This page will be kept online as an archive for our decade of blog posts.
Met a stray cat that needs rescue? Go to our website to submit a Rescue Request
Want to adopt a cat from us? Here are the cats that are up for adoption!
Come volunteer to clean the foster space and play with kitties!
Wish to give to Love Kuching Project? Deposit to our DBS Current Account 027-907655-0 or find out other ways to give here


Friday, May 16, 2014

Message from Elaine, in the middle of the night no less

When in doubt, blog, they say, "they" meaning nonprofit marketing gurus, and I read as much as I can of what they say. 

Then I read one that says, " don't be afraid to share your obstacles." So here I am. 

This excel spreadsheet screen shot is my obstacle: 



It probably doesn't make any sense to anyone, but it meant we have to raise nearly a thousand dollars more per month. How are we supposed to increase our fundraising? I am fine with living hand to mouth but our recent committee meeting has proven this is not the way to go. 

So, we have raised an average of $2,419.01 in Q1, and have to raise an average of $3410,99 per month in Q2. 

The only way I can get that to happen to is to build a marketing team, because online appeals alone are no longer going to work if we want to raise a thousand dollars more each month. 

But there are no leaders. Be it because of aptitude, or availability.

So it has to be me.

As Mother Theresa would say: don't wait for leaders, do it person to person. 

This is of course causing me a lot more stress than usual and thus this blog post. I don't think we can achieve this target but I will start trying, for I already am, by sharing this obstacle with you.


Current fundraising need: Make a pledge to our ER Fund.
Make a financial gift via a deposit to our POSB savings account 188-52652-7.  Find out more.  
Become a monthly giver to help ensure our rescues continue getting their needs met.    
Feed and provide litter to the cats we foster via our corporate sponsor The Water Dish.     
Follow on us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.